.Guided Hill Walking holiday in Torrox, Andalucia.
Guests stay in one of two lovely hotels in the charming white village of Torrox. The hotels have been restored and furnished with modern conveniences. All guests have a private bedroom and bathroom.The Al Andalus is a traditional Moorish stlyle hotel, basic but clean and comfortable. Or consider an upgrade to the beautiful boutique Hotel La Casa. Enquire for details and availability
- Courtesy airport transfer. Flights must arrive before noon on arrival day and after noon on departure day.
- 7 nights accommodation Each guest has a private bathroom and bedroom.
- Interesting and varied programme of walks ( 5 days)
- 5 picnics and salads,fruit, juice and healthy snacks.ALL PROVIDED AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU!
- 6 meals inc. water.( Meals not included on Rest Day and no dinner included if there is a late lunch day at a restaurant) Drinks are not included with dinners.
- Services of friendly and experienced guides on each walk.
- Walk Andalucia will meet you at Málaga Airport. Please arrive before 1200 hrs at Malaga airport if you wish to catch our free transfer bus.
Please note that no wine with meals is included in the holiday.
Here are some samples of our wonderful walks. Please note the ascents and descents.
Torrox to Nerja.14 kms. 350 m ascent. 550 m descent.
This walk begins in the pretty Plaza in Torrox. Your informative, local guides will tell you about the rich history of this Moorish village. Climb steadily to reach the top of a ridge line, admire the wonderful views of the Sierra Almijara. Passing through olive, advocado, orange,lomquat and almond groves and reach a pretty beach via a riverbed.
Frigiliana. 9 kms. 300 m ascent. 400 m descent.
Circular walk starting from the picturesque white village of Frigiliana.Following a mountain stream in a beautiful gorge, ascending a rugged footpath to a ridgeline with spectacular views.On our return to Frigiliana there is an opportunity to enjoy a cold beer or coffee or spend some time exploring the pretty streets and artesan shops.
El Acebuchal and Cerro Verde. 7 kms. 500 m ascent. 500 m descent.
Walk from the historic ‘ lost ‘ hamlet of El Acebuchal through wild, open countryside with an ascent to just below the summit of Cerro Verde at 1000ft above sea level. From here we have great views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The route traverses dry river beds, forest tracks and foot paths. This route was well used by the Civil Guard and The Republicans during the Spanish Civil War.
Late 3 course lunch at Restaurant El Acebuchal.( Arguably the best food in the area)
Walk of two Provinces. 13 km. 450 m ascent. 490 m descent.
This walk begins along a disused railway line line from where we will ascend to the ridge line of Hoyo del Toro.( The borderline between Malaga and Granada provinces. Descend through a pine forest and admire the views towards the fantastic views of the snowcapped Sierra Nevada mountain range near Granada.
Alcaucin and Forest. 15 km. 400 m ascent. 400 m descent.
Walk through wild, forest on the north side of the highest mountain in this region.A lovely walk through National Park with 360º views.